We're happy to announce that you can now create shoppable posts on Schedugram by adding product tags to your posts!
Product tagging is still a beta feature and we're working with customers to actively test it. We strongly recommend you verify that product tags have gone out correctly for the first few posts in which you have tagged products.
In order to use product tagging, your Instagram account must have product tagging enabled. Without this, we will not be able to add product tags to your posts. The best way to confirm that everything is working as expected is to try sending out a few posts with product tags from the Instagram app. See Instagram's instructions on how to do this here: https://help.instagram.com/1108695469241257.
Here’s how you can create posts with product tags:
- Create or edit a post from the Upload Post, Calendar, or Drafts pages. We are working on allowing users to add and edit product tags from the planner page in future releases.
- Upload a single image. Product tagging is not available for carousel posts, video posts, or stories.
- Click on the shopping bag icon or the tag products button which appears below the image thumbnail. The “Tag product” screen should appear.
- Click anywhere on the image on the “Tag product” screen to create a new product tag. Enter the name of the product exactly as it appears on your Facebook product catalog. This is important because we will use this to search your Facebook product catalog and tag the relevant product at the time of posting. We currently do not ingest your Facebook product catalog.
- If you have multiple Facebook product catalogs, we will search the one that contains more products at the time of posting. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you would like us to use a specific Facebook product catalog and we can set this up for you.
- If you would like to create multiple product tags on a single post, we recommend spacing them well. Product tags that are too close together have a risk of failing to go out. The screenshot below shows the recommended spacing for multiple product tags on a single post. Also note that Instagram allows a maximum of 5 product tags in a single post.
- Please schedule or queue the post.
- After scheduling/creating the post, please confirm that the product tags have been saved by going to the upcoming posts page and looking for a shopping bag icon with a number next to it. The number indicates how many product tags have been saved for that post.
That’s it, your post with product tags should be all set to go live!